Thursday, February 5, 2009

He Is By My Side

It is very cold this morning. When I went to church last night my Ford pickup wouldn't start. It only has 6000 miles on it. I started my Crown Vic without any problems. I will have to start the pickup again in a little while. It being cold inspired me to write this poem.

He Is By My side

So beautiful is this Sunny February morning
Frost is in the air and snow is on the ground
Diamond like ice chips cling tightly to the tree
Waiting for the Sun to make them unbound

God has made this day so pretty and clear
Although it is very cold when walking outside
Snow is crunching under our feet as we walk
I can feel the thrill of knowing He is by my side

He will walk beside me through good and bad
Never forsaking me no matter where I should go
I smile as the vapor comes from my warm breath
As I am walking along this path of frozen snow

Joy will be found in your heart when you meet Him
There will never be a feeling more sweeter to you
Than that day when we all gather there in Heaven
There where happiness is felt through and through

copyright © 2009 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment