Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gift Of Life

If we only knew back then what a carefree life we had I think we would have enjoyed childhood even better. Today things are so much different. What has happened to the country? I know as a boy of 6 or 8 years of age I could hitchhike a ride and nothing happened but a nice ride to where I was going. But today I wouldn't think of picking up a stranger for fear of being killed. Time have surely changed.
God Bless
Acie

Gift Of Life

In the quiet of a misty Spring morning
I marvel at all the beauty that I can see
A single drop of dew is on a Red Tulip
Like a lonely teardrop it appears to me

I hear a dog barking as a boy walks by
There is a smile upon his cherubic face
Like an angel he gracefully treads on
He is in no hurry to speed up his pace

It is then my mind drifts back to youth
I dream about my childhood back then
When I was a barefoot boy I remember
Fishing in a small creek over at the glen

Isn't it wonderful God lets us be a youth
When we find our troubles to be very few
If to have an untroubled mind as an adult
Just let the Holy Spirit become part of you

copyright © 2009 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment