Friday, June 19, 2009

That Old House

Every once in a while I think of the old house in which I was born. The old house burned several years ago, but I still enjoy going back there and think of time past.
I hope you have pleasant memories to hold onto also.
Have a great day.
Acie

That Old House

I can remember that old White frame house
It sat in a clearing up a hollow about a mile
I was born in it over seventy eight years ago
Thinking back to that time brings a me smile

There was no inside plumbing or electricity
But home it was to a family numbering six
Sure some of the children made fun of us
They said we came from back in the sticks

Care free days we had back in those days
Raising a big garden for most of the food
In those days if you had extra you shared it
Perhaps to a widow who had a large brood

That old house is gone, burning years ago
About twenty years ago I drove back there
Thinking of how my Mother brought us up
I paused and went to our Lord in a prayer

So much has the world changed since then
With an air conditioning our homes a must
Cable TV and a big screen TV now we have
But still, in our Heavenly Savior we do trust

copyright © 2009 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment