Thursday, June 11, 2009

Loving Doves

Have you ever hear the cooing of a dove? It is a very mournful sound. I wrote this poem when I hear a dove on Sunday morning. I hope you enjoy it.
May God Bless you.
Acie

Loving Doves

The quietness of this early Sunday morning
Is only broken by the cooing of a White Dove
Mourning is the sound of this lonesome bird
Seems as she has been deserted by her love

Then soon I hear the cooing of another bird
Who seems to be lost in his morning flight
Suddenly with dart of wing he flies to her
He had lost her in the darkness of the night

Frantically he had searched for his mate
All night he hunted without her in his sight
As came the first glimmer of the morning
He found her, now everything is all right

They coo together in the sparkling morning
With the Sun raising up in the Eastern sky
God has brought these lovers back together
I neither ask or need to know the reason why

copyright © 2009 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment