Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Christian Life and I Thank God

Sorry I haven't posted a couple of my newest poems, as I have had problems with this old worn out ( like me) computer. But with God's grace it is now working. I wanted to write something for My sweet departed Mother, so I wrote I Thank God.
May your day be blessed.
Acie

A Christian Life

With his aged dim eyes he reads his Bible
He had read it at least a hundred times over
Each time he read it he had learned more
Starting with Genesis he read it cover to cover

When he was just a young man he met God
His life he knew must be to serve Him well
Working as a youth Pastor he convinced kids
How an evil life leads down the pathway to hell

It was at that time he met a beautiful young lady
He courted her and soon he had won her heart
As they were married on that warm June evening
They made a vow only death could keep them apart

As the years rolled by so swiftly in their marriage
Three children were born and had Christian ties
Two sons became Doctors and their girl a nurse
Deep into their heart their love of God still lies

Just over three years ago came that horrible night
When God called his wife to His home in the sky
Heartbroken, he thought God had foresaken him
When reunited up in Heaven, God will tell him why

I Thank God

I remember those bitter cold Winter days
When she would walk to work in the snow
Deep down in my heart I so dearly loved her
But back then how much I just didn't know

In Heaven I will put my arms around her
Tell her many things I am sure she knew
Love for my dear sweet mother was there
Started when I was a baby and daily it grew

Within a day or two I will go to the cemetery
I will visit her grave and decorate it once again
Feeling I will have as I stand by her headstone
I know will be with sadness and heartfelt pain

I thank God she is in a place where I will see her
When I join our family high up in the Heavenly sky
All of our questions will be answered by our Lord
But to gain that eternal life we must be ready to die

copyright © 2009 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment