Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Mother's Love

 
I can remember walking down that dusty road
When I was just a child not much older than ten
Walking without any shoes in the Summertime
We were poor but there was happiness back then


I would stub a toe and sometimes it would bleed
I would go home and my mother would bandage it
She was always so gentle and kind with us children
Her heart was with us kids every day, every minute


Mother went to her reward twenty five years ago
I know she is with Lord and Savior up there on high
She watches over me as the rest have also passed
Soon I will join them in that mansion up in the sky


When my work here on Earth is finished and done
I will be called to join my family up there in the air
To spend an eternal life with them in God's Heaven
There forever I will be in my God's protective care


copyright © 2014 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment