Sunday, August 10, 2014

That Old Road

 
As I walk down that old dusty road
Where I walked so many years ago
Memories of the past come to me
Happy times of my youth I loved so


I  can smell that Honeysuckle today
That still grows along the fence row
It seems to be much sweeter to me
I begin to wonder where did time go


On up ahead past that winding curve
Was the old house where I was born
Without paint  to cover the bare boards
Was like a shack it was so weatherworn


Still I think back and realize I had it all
We had a mother who loved us dearly
Those ideas she told us about Heaven
Comes back to my mind now so clearly


I know one day I shall meet her up there
Where time has no clock, it's eternality
I wonder if there could be a dusty road
Where my mother could walk with me


copyright © 2014 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment