Sunday, August 31, 2014

Scenes From The Past


As the Sun raises over the distant mountain
New chutes of rice in the paddy is now seen
With the dams to hold in the needed water
Soon this will all look like an ocean of Green


High above the mountains are Red clouds
Where reflections of the Sun can be seen
Now the morning is ready to start the day
With an air that is both fresh and is clean


This is the quiet time that is perfect for me
When I talk to God about the coming day
He tells me of my home He has in Heaven
I intently listen to everything He has to say


As we look for beauty in this evil old world
Today I think back and it is beauty that I find
Scenes from time I spent in the Philippines
After sixty years has come back to my mind


copyright © 2014 By Acie



No comments:

Post a Comment