Wednesday, February 8, 2012

His Everlasting Love

There are times I think about my childhood
How content I was those times so long ago
When not worries or cares would enter life
Too soon out of that kind of world I did grow

Then finding that times could be very harsh
Not knowing on which road I should travel
Confused as to what was right from wrong
It seemed as if my whole life would unravel

Liquor and wine couldn't slove my problems
They only added to my troubles and my woe
A down and out miserable wretch back then
Not knowing in what direction I should go

One day I saw the light that He showed me
Beckoning me from a land that is far away
A voice that was like a loud clap of thunder
That said get down on your knees and pray

What a wonderful life He has shown to me
Blessing with many gifts from far up above
Knowing I am that man God wants me to be
Since He filled me with His everlasting love

copyright © 2012 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment