Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Baseball In Heaven

Each home game the Cincinnati Reds play we can chat with Hal McCoy, a Baseball Hall of Fame member. After the game on 7/17/12 I wrote this poem.



I wonder if there is baseball in Heaven
Surely a runner wouldn't attempt a steal
No spitball or shine balls would be there
Would there be trades or any kind of deal

If there is I hope only God is the umpire
No mistakes would we see him ever make
He would ever have made the perfect calls
No reruns on Heavens TV would they take

What would God do to a manager Like Lou
Kicking dirt on that Heavenly Home Plate
I am sure He wouldn't be too harsh on him
If Lou could get through that Golden Gate

Wouldn't it be wonderful to read Hal's blog
I just wonder if God would permit him a cigar
What a chat we all could have up in Heaven
As we watch our team win from wire to wire

copyright © 2012 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment