Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Riding Our Sleds

Lace like flakes keep falling down
It's covering Earth's brown ground
Deeper the snow gets by the hour
Soon no bare Earth will be found

We can see some kids on the hill
As they climb up to that hill's top
Then ride with an abandoned fear
Down to the bottom and then stop

As I watch I remember those days
I dream of my childhood back then
When everything was so care free
What days of fun for us it had been

Too soon we go past being a child
Still us adults would like to have fun
As I sit tilted back in this easy chair
Dreaming of my great toboggan run

I am sure God put snow in Heaven
Where everyone can have a nice ride
Even us elderly people can have fun
Riding on our sleds down the hillside

copyright © 2010 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment