Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Greatest Gain

 My cousin Joe Smith passed on March 4th and it is in his memorey that I have written this poem.


We know in this old imperfect world
There will be heartaches for us to find
A special friend may have passed away
A dear one we can’t get off our mind

Helpless in thinking we stumble about
Not realizing God controls our daily life
That they have now gone to their reward
No more trouble and never more strife

Gone from a life that knows so much pain
To a land where peace and comfort abound
There to see God in His glorious surroundings
To be free when they hear the trumpet sound

Some day my friend I shall join you up there
Rest assured one day we will meet you again
When this life on the Earth is over and is gone
I am sure that Heaven will be my greatest gain

copyright © 2013 By Acie  



No comments:

Post a Comment