Tuesday, March 20, 2012

God's Son Rise Hill

Shawnee Hills Baptist Church has a camp that we call Son Rise Hill. We have 2 cabins a picnic shelter that is 30X40 with a kitchen and bathhouses. We are going to build more things there. We have both water and electric there. This is a poem about it.

On this early Spring morning
I take a walk along Son Rise Hill
Birds are singing a happy song
It seems as if time has stood still

It is here I can talk to my Savior
Uninterupted by the city's strife
Here with my Lord and I together
I feel a serene and peaceful life

God, we thank you for this land
We will use it to bring you Glory
We know it is your land we use
To us it is both precious and Holy

Let us use your land judiciously
Help us to bring children to God
May this Consecrated land ever
Be more than just a piece of sod

copyright © 2012 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment