Monday, September 5, 2011

Been Our Duty

As I look down across the Hickory ridge
On this quite warm early September day
I can see the leaves waving in the wind
Hear Squirrels frolic as they run and play

I shut my eyes and dream of yesteryear
When as a young man I walked these hills
Smiling I remember that time so long ago
As I saw the animals walking along the rills

Much has changed since those happy times
I can see a patch of the forrest that is clearcut
Large trees that once stood there now are gone
Leaving behind bush and a large and muddy rut

Sad, but I guess this is what they call progress
Don't worry it will come back a logger did say
But the beauty God put in this great woodland
Wont be seen here for a very long time anyway

There will be no clearcuts to see up in Heaven
God has planned everything to be only beauty
We should have preserved all that beauty here
As a matter of fact it should have been our duty

copyright © 2011 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment