Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Grandmother's Old Bible

Her name was written in back of that old Bible
One my grandmother owned many years ago
I saw my mothers name, one of many written
Starting with their first child, a family did grow

With seventeen childrens names written there
Each name had the date and time of their birth
All of them are there in Gods eternal care today
Heaven called them when they left this Earth

I will forever treasure this frayed and worn Bible
Grandmother would read it by a kerosene light
Her old eyes would twinkle talking about Jesus
She tried to keep us doing things that were right

Today I know she is watching me from up above
So many years ago she went to meet her Creator
All her family gathered around and ever near her
They are all with her now because of their behavior

copyright © 2010 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment