Monday, November 30, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Dinner

Only a skeleton of the turkey remains
Of what was a great scrumptious dinner
With dressing, mashed potatos, and fixings
Janet's cooking produced us another winner

Before the corn, green beans and cranberries
With the turkey, gravy and the great dressing
We all gathered around the old dinner table
It was then that Harry said the great blessing

We sat down to the table with empty feelings
Then we filled up our plates to overflowing
With all the extra helpings I put on my plate
I must have thought I was a boy still growing

Getting up from that table became a big chore
I had eaten so much more than I had thought
Sitting down to watch the pro football game
Relief from this filled up stomach I sought

copyright © 2009 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment